Direct-to-Garment (DTG) is a printing technique that applies ink directly onto the fabric of a garment. Think of it like an inkjet printer for apparel. DTG printing allows you to print more complex designs in a wide range of vibrant colors. Using our high-tech DTG printers, we can print highly detailed images—even photos (a beautiful sunset, a family photo, your pet, etc.)—on a variety of garments. DTG printing is accurate, environmentally-friendly, and cost-effective for smaller projects, delivering beautiful, high-quality printed garments that are sure to impress.
Although DTG is a specialty print technique, placing a DTG order is nothing out of the ordinary. Simply send us a high-quality image file (see Artwork Specs for more information), pick your garment, and away we go!
Then it’s just three steps to a finished product:
- Prepare your design: We prep the image for printing, ensuring correct formatting, sizing, and color composition.
- Print: We print the image on the garment of your choice.
- Treating the garment: We “cure” the garment, which ensures the print will last for years to come.
With a low minimum and ability to produce realistic designs with an unlimited number of colors, DTG printing is perfect for creating samples, small batch runs, or simply testing a design in your marketplace without having to carry a ton of inventory or shell out for multiple screen set-ups. If you’re looking for flexible, no-hassle printing that delivers amazing results, direct-to-garment printing is a good fit.
|Low minimums||Not ideal for large orders|
|No setup fees||Not recommended for use on synthetic fabrics|
|Full color prints (with use of CMYK)||No specialty print locations such as sleeve prints|
|Ability to print photos||Not for use on bags, hats, pants, jackets, etc.|
|Soft waterbased print||PMS matches not exact|
|High detail printing|
|Available on light and dark garments|
DTG customers should expect their order to be ready 10-15 business days after payment is received. For customers on a tighter deadline, the following rush fees will be applied as surcharges to your order total:
- Rush: 8-10 business days = 15%
- Super Rush: 5-7 business days = 25%
- Ultra Rush: 3-4 business days = 50%
Need it sooner? Please reach out.
When it comes to DTG printing job, we stick to the basics:
- Quantity: How many pieces would you like to order? We have price breaks at quantities of 6, 12, 18, 24, 48, 72, 96, 144, 288, and 576. Have an order over 576 pieces? Contact us directly and we will determine special pricing.
- Print Size: Artwork 5″x5″ and smaller will be priced lower than larger artwork (12″x12″ max).
- Garment Color: Light garments will be priced lower than dark garments.
Curious about the exact pricing? Reach out!
For DTG, we prefer vectors (.ai, .eps, .svg) or raster images sized for print (max 12″x12″) at 300dpi. If your design isn’t one of these formats or if you have any artwork questions, no need to worry, our design team will happily assist you!