No design experience is needed! With our online design studio, you can create a stunning design using various fonts, templates, clipart, uploaded images, and more. It’s easier than you might think, and a lot of fun!
What is an Online Design Studio?
An online design studio is an easy-to-use tool that enables any user to create their own design. When it comes to custom merch and custom t-shirts, Philadelphia customers can use Press & Release’s premium design studio to create the perfect designs.
Our online design studio makes it easy to:
- Upload your logo or any image
- Add any text with a font of your choice
- Choose from a comprehensive library of clipart
- Browse design ideas by category
- Customize templates to match your style or brand standards
How to Create a Stunning Design
In our design studio, you’ll have access to a vast library of different fonts, clipart, and templates to choose from. You can even search templates based on categories, making it quick and easy to find inspiration or get your design started off on the right foot.
If you’re not uploading your own art or logo, we suggest first browsing the art in the categories that apply to your brand. Chances are, you’ll find a great template to work with. You can then change text, image size, colors, and more.
Basic Design Tips
The three most important things to consider when designing custom merchandise are placement, size, and contrast. All three elements affect how well others can see the design when worn by the customer.
- Placement: Simple designs, like logos, are usually a full chest print (centered and taking up the entire chest) or a left chest print (placed over the heart area roughly the size of your fist). Most designs, especially larger ones, work well centered and not too low on the chest or on the shoulders.
- Size: A good rule of thumb is the smaller the design, the more professional it is. Casual looks are often big and bold, whereas professional designs are usually smaller and simpler (like a logo on the left chest of a polo). Keep in mind fine details and small text can become illegible at a small print size. If unsure of your design size, our team can advise you.
- Contrast: If you do not use enough contrast between the shirt color and different design elements, the overall design will get lost. Unless you are confident or daring, we suggest using tried and true color combinations.
Trust Your Inner Designer
One of the best design tips we can give is to trust your gut. The online design studio allows you to design right on top of the product you selected. So, it’s a mockup you can tweak until it’s just right.
You may not be a professional designer, but you have seen a lot of designs in your lifetime. Your inner designer can pick out if something isn’t “quite right.” If that’s the case, play with the design placement, size, and font colors until you achieve the right feeling. You can always ask a friend or coworker for a second opinion, too, and if you’re still unsure, don’t hesitate to reach out. One of our team members will be happy to help!
Custom T-Shirts, Philadelphia, PA
Press & Release’s online design studio gives you creative control over your design. Nobody knows what you want better than you. It is quick and easy to use, allowing you to instantly mockup designs on various garment colors and styles. Plus, you can easily reorder or transfer the design to different products.
Use our Custom Design Studio today or check out our Design & Consulting Service.
Read Next: 1-Color Designs: Why Less is Sometimes More